I was finishing up my workout in the basement when Holly came downstairs with some leftover brownies she had just made for a friend. She says she doesn't do anything special when she's making them, but I swear they always taste extraordinarily good.
Which got me to thinking whether or not they were so good as to merit a spot on my oft-contemplated 'death row' meal list. I have two main derivations of this meal depending upon my mood/cravings. They are as follows.
Main gut-busting choice:
- Babyback ribs (Lisa's)
- Garden salad with strawberry vinigarete dressing (Rose's)
- Baked beans (Holly's)
- Hashbrown casserole (Cracker Barrel's)
- Cornbread (Mom's)
- Sweet tea (my cousin Kristy's)
- Chocolate-frosted, chocolate cake (Mema's)
- Crab legs (from anywhere good; just well-salted with crispy shells)
- Hush puppies (good, spicy cajun-style)
- Tecate beer (frosted glass straight from the tap)
There's naturally dozens of close runner-ups. I LOVE breakfast. And Mema's peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (such a simple thing) always tasted like heaven. I'd also love to list a really good Chinese or Italian dish as those are some of my favorites. But I'm a Southern boy at heart and my tastes still reflect that.
The other brownie is calling me now. But I really need to finish riding the bike first. Maybe I can just place it in front of the bike and use it as motivation (or more appropriately, justification.)